Pages

 

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Congratulations to the Iota Chapter!

0 comments
Hello!
From the Sigma Suite.
From Starlit.

Yesterday (4/9/13) was the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs Expectations for Excellence Awards Reception. I went with Thanh 'Cavatina' Ngo, Jessica 'Firefox' Yao, Yinuo 'Amalia' Zhang, Lindsey 'Valor' Harris, and our chapter advocate, Glenn Cerosaletti. The reception was nothing too different from the past years, but watching the awards recipients is something that is always different and for me, nerve wracking.

I wasn't sure if I was ready to be president of this chapter when I was nominated last year, and was still nervous after elected. I was worried I wouldn't be able to achieve as well as past presidents of the Iota Chapter have, and I worried about being unable to maintain the successful prestige we've developed on campus. As the academic year started though, I realized it wasn't the president that determines the overall success of the chapter. It's the Syzters that are in it that make it what it is, and while it is remarkable to me, it was EXCELLENT in the eyes of FSA. So excellent that we were awarded, for the second year in a row: the Award for Overall Excellence in Strategic Planning.

(L-R: Cavatina, Firefox, Glenn Cerosaletti, Starlit, Amalia, Valor)
Photo Credit: Valor

So congratulations to the Iota Chapter for excelling in all areas of the Expectations for Excellence. We've impressed FSA with all that we have achieved and accomplished. Let's continue to excel, with our contributions to the University, to other Greeks, and the community at large.

Excellent job to the Iota Chapter for all we have done!



No comments: